Freemium release has expired for game play September 1st 2022 whilst we work on the next release.
Freemium release contains some bugs and has some player usability issues. We are aware of these and will work through them for the main game release.
Freemium is tested on Windows 10.
Download location: N/A
After download, unzip all contents to a folder – default folder is fine
Click on “OrclandsMetaverse.exe” to run
Note: You might need to install DirectX if prompted: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=35
Note: If you are using a non-QWERTY keyboard layout, like AZERTY (France/Belgium); press Ctrl-Shift to switch to QWERTY layout.
· Left-mouse button or left arrow key: attack
Note: If hit in quick succession, it will create a combo attack
· WASD keys for movement: W = forward, A = left, S = backward, D = right
· Middle-mouse button: hold down to move the camera
· Up arrow or F key: special attack like fireball
· R key: drink potion
· F3 key: player view/ weapon view
· Backspace: toggles autoplay on /off
Freemium is tested on MAC Monterey Version 12.3.1
- Download location: N/A
- After download, unzip all contents to a folder – default folder is fine
- Start a terminal
- Enter the following command into the terminal: cd /Users/Your User Folder/Downloads/Orclands_Freemium_MAC/OrclandsMetaverse.app/Contents/MacOS
- Note: If you do not know Your User Folder then to check type: ls /Users
- Enter the following command into the terminal: chmod +x ActionRPG
- Launch finder window and search for the downloaded file as per below and double-click on the following file: OrclandsMetaverse
- You will see the following error:
You need to allow the game to run by:
- Select "System Preferences"
- Select "Security & Privacy" and unlock the dialogue box
- Select "Open Anyway", and Click the Padlock to lock in changes:
- If prompted, select cancel
- Now double-click on "OrclandsMetaverse"
- The following dialogue will appear, select "Open"
Game will start!
For play you will need to configure as per Android mentioned HERE due to the save state i.e. Add Spirits.
Else, if you choose note to, then you can copy a file to a location on your MAC:
Copy the N/A to:
/Users/<<Your User Name>>/Library/Application Support/Epic/ActionRPG/Saved/SaveGames/
after you download the game. If this complete path does not exist then you need to create it.
Freemium is tested on Android.
The Android version does not have a save state feature yet, meaning there are some steps required each time the game is loaded for play.
Download location: N/A
After download, via Android mobile, select the APK file to install. There will be security prompts which you can ignore. This is because you are not downloading from the Google Store:
- If required, "Allow from this source"
- Click "Install"
- Install will start
- Select "Install Anyway"
- Select "Don't Send"
- Select "Done" or "Open"
- Select "Allow"
When you first open the game, there is no configuration because there is no save state yet for Android.
- You will see in top left-hand corner, there are 0 spirits:
- Keep pressing the '+' sign until you have 2000 as shown:
- Select the icon on the top right-hand corner with the pair of swords crossed over each other - this will launch the weapons view as per below:
- Select a weapon from the bottom scroll window. You will be asked to confirm purchase as per below. Press ‘Confirm’:
- You will now have the weapon held by Orc. You can also select a different Orc character. For freemium there are levels 1, 2 and 3 Warrior Orc available.
- To set up special skills like potions and fireballs etc you must select the icon on the top right next to the dual swords that looks like a bag:
- This menu, and all others, can be selected in-game because the game is paused whilst a menu is active. This is useful where, for example, you have run out of potions to revitalise your health or mana (if you have been using fireballs/combustion a lot). Select ‘Skill’:
- You can arm the Orc with fire ball or combustion skill:
- For example, select ‘Fire Ball’, and confirm the purchase:
- Fire Ball will be equipped:
- As per Skill, you can select potions for gameplay to restore health and/or mana:
- Confirm purchase:
- Potion will now be equipped:
- After this you will see a quarter wheel, with all your selections, at the bottom right-hand corner. Your purchases are available by tapping the icons. Note: ignore the double sword icon in the below because this is reserved for fast weapon switching:
- To start playing in auto or not auto. For auto just select the checkbox on the top left-hand corner marked AUTO as seen below:
- To start the waves for fighting - select the silver arrow icon on the right-hand side of the double swords. You can leave auto mode at any time. Play by tapping the buttons on the quarter menu, with the main button being the attack. If you tap quickly, and the player is not being attacked, the player will do combo moves - these are different for each choice of weapon.